LOVE PEOPLE, COOK THEM FOOD!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Waffles

My wonderful boyfriend just bought and then taught me how to use a brand new fancy TV. So to reward him I made his favourite meal of the day (breakfast) with one of his favourite flavours (peanut butter)! 



Peanut Butter Waffles

Not everything delicious has to be from scratch! This was originally a pancake recipe, but I've always loved waffles more so I tweaked it a bit. This is the original recipe: http://www.jif.com/Recipes/Details/5696


You will need:
Pancake & Waffle Mix (Eggs, oil, milk or water for mix) (I used Aunt Jemima) 
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon 
2 Tbl Peanut Butter 
1 Tbl Syrup (Optional)
Bananas and Strawberries for topping 
Confectioners Sugar (Optional) 

1. Make the mix as directed on the box for either pancakes or waffles. 
2. Add Cinnamon, peanut butter, and syrup. Mix well. 
3. This made 6 waffles in my waffle iron  but makes 4 pancakes in a griddle. 
4. Slice bananas and strawberries and top waffles/pancakes.  
5. Dust with confectioners sugar and pour on some syrup if desired. 





No comments:

Post a Comment