My own (tastier) spin on an already delicious recipe! The original recipe can be found here: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/pasta-puttanesca-2/?print=1/#sizeFP
My recipe makes ~ 4 servings.
You will need:
1/2 LB Spaghetti
2 Tbl Olive Oil
1/4 Whole Onion (Chopped)
1 1/2Cp Crushed or Diced Tomato
1/2 Cp White Wine
1 Clove Garlic
~ 1 Tsp Capers
1/4 Cp Pitted Olives
Basil (Fresh or dried)
Feta Cheese for topping
1. Boil pasta according to directions until al dente. Set aside.
2. Mash garlic, capers, and olives in mortar and pestle or chop finely. Set Aside.
3. Heat oil and slightly brown onions (don't burn them!). Add crushed tomatoes. Pour in wine and cook for a few minutes. Add olive mixture and continue cooking until sauce is slightly reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Add basil (I used dried).
5. Serve with feta cheese crumbled on top and fresh basil if desired.