LOVE PEOPLE, COOK THEM FOOD!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Beet, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad

Observations of the day: #1 My kitchen has terrible lighting and #2 All these years I have been applying olive oil the wrong way! Clearly my kitchen was missing one of these: 
SO FUN! And also one of my favourite birthday presents! 

Beet, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad

You Will Need:
~3 Beets
1 Pear
About a handful of blue cheese (crumbled) 
1/2  a lemon
Salt for taste
Olive Oil 


Cook your beets. I boil mine, but they can also be roasted in the oven. Slice them and arrange the slices on your plate. 


Slice your pear and arrange over the beets. 


Crumble the blue cheese and sprinkle over. Sprinkle over some salt to taste, squeeze the lemon over, and spray on (or pour) some olive oil. VoilĂ ! If you're feeling very fancy, you can grate some lemon zest on top for colour. 





No comments:

Post a Comment