LOVE PEOPLE, COOK THEM FOOD!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Muffins

I haven't been very good about blogging on a regular basis apparently but I have an excuse to now since I got something I've always wanted for Christmas! 

KitchenAid!!! 

My mother also got Sophia these really cute piggy spatulas and spoon so we just had to bake something with them! 


I found this recipe on Foodily and thought, why keep eating cereal for breakfast when I can eat these! You have to click through to the blog to find out that you have to preheat your oven to 385°f and then you're all set! 

First mix your wet ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 Cp) Melted Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
The juice and Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Cp Plain Yogurt
I tried Fage yogurt for the first time. It was delicious! And turned out to be 1 Cp exactly! 

Then you mix in your dry ingredients:
3/4 Cp White Sugar
1/4 Cp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
A Sprinkle of Nutmeg
3 Cp minus 2Tbl Flour (which is odd but it works!)

After you've mixed that up, add your 2Cp Blueberries being very careful not to smash them (unless you want purple muffins with smashed blueberries). 

Spoon the batter into your muffin tins. It didn't say how much but I just used a heaping spoon full and that seemed to work. 
I had to add ~1/4 Cp milk into my batter so it didn't look like bread crumbs. 
I would DEFINITELY sprinkle some raw sugar on the top like it says to, the extra touch of sweetness makes a big difference! 

After 20 Minutes of baking....
They looked so good I just couldn't wait to try one! 

It was so mouth wateringly delectable that I ate two! 














No comments:

Post a Comment