LOVE PEOPLE, COOK THEM FOOD!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Pineapple Upside Down Cake


This is what Martha's cake looked like. 

I haven't posted anything in a while and I thought it would be great for me to get off my butt (so to speak) and just do it! 

This past weekend my other half (let's call him B), my daughter Princess Sophia, and I went to the beach and we happened to sit down after lunch and flip through the tv channels. I was immediately captivated by the always perfect Martha Stewart and her new cooking school show. She made an upside down peach (or maybe it was plum) cake and it was so drool worthy that I just had to try it! 
When we got home, try as I might, I couldn't find the recipe or even remember the name of it. So Instead, with the smell of an over ripe pineapple wafting around the kitchen, I decided on Martha's old fashioned pineapple upside down cake. (With a few tweaks of my own of course). 

There are just some things that I never bother to keep on hand in the kitchen so my cake had no nuts and also I switched the lime juice and zest with lemon juice and zest. It turned out pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself. 

The original post: Martha's Pineapple Upside Down Cake




1 comment:

  1. Also, it's WAY easier to bake this in a 9 inch cake pan than it is to do in a skillet. And the sugar melts better that way too.

    ReplyDelete